Things I now know:
- A baby in respiratory distress is not a happy creature.
- It is not too difficult to nurse with an oxygen cannula in ones' nose, once you get the hang of it. But it will result in a wonky latch.
- Ari will suck down formula from a bottle and never notice the difference.
- Ari will not spit up when drinking soy formula, but will spit up quite a bit after nursing. (I just stopped eating all dairy.)
- My parents are amazing and I am incredibly indebted to them for their help.
- I can get a lot more sleep with a baby in the hospital than I could ever get with three kids at home. A lot more.
- Azithromycin will, in fact, give Toby diarrhea. And a stomach ache.
- Toby does not like albuterol, saline via nebulizer, or suctioning. I don't blame him.
- The worst part about having a kid in the hospital is having to just stand there while people do things that make him scream.
- I didn't really comprehend how sick my kid was until he started smiling and playing and I thought, "Oh, he hasn't done this in days!"
- After taking care of one baby in the hospital, coming home to 3 kids at once is overwhelming.
- Iam incredibly lucky that my kids are all, on the whole, very healthy.
How to become an Article Writer?
2 years ago