Thursday, October 30, 2008

Habits and Changes

Toby likes to suck his thumb, but only through fabric--a blanket or his sleeve. You'd think you were doing him a favor by taking his thumb out of that pesky fabric, but no, then he just stops sucking. It makes a funny noise and gets his sleeves all wet.

Toby sleeps with his mouth open and his eyes half open. Baruch saw it for the first time the other day and said he looked like a doll. Which is to say...NOT ALIVE. I can't tell you how many times he's freaked me out, thinking he's dead. Even though I know that's just the way he sleeps. It really is creepy. I ought to try to get a picture. Ari does not sleep like that, although once in a while he sleeps with his eyes slightly open. Ezra has always slept with his eyes slightly open, too, but not the whole mouth-and-eyes dead baby doll look that Toby does.

Hmm, I can't think of any peculiar habits of Ari's. He laughs when I jiggle his chest and when I take off his clothes. It's like a tickle but happier.

They've established a pooping pattern: one day without pooping followed by a day with pooping oh, every 5 minutes or so. Repeat. Fun times. (And now it's time for them to develop a NAP schedule, don't you think?)

I just got them their booster seats today, so now they can sit at the table with us (and not on our laps, where they've taken to pulling everything within reach onto the floor...especially if it's a plate with, say, tomato sauce on it). We also got a second crib, so now they each have their own sleeping quarters. I rearranged the kids' room yesterday and it looks nice. I want to decorate a bit and then I'll take photos.

At Target this morning I saw a woman with a triple stroller dragging a cart behind her, and of COURSE we started chatting. It's nice to meet somebody who actually understands! She had 20-month-old twin girls and a 7-month-old girl as well. Phew! That house is going to be even more fun when those twins hit 2. Oh, but I've been assured that 3 is even tougher than 2. I can't wait.

No comments: